Saturday, November 22, 2008

Week from HELL...

Man am I glad I dont have to relive that shit...So we get moved into our new home all is well for like five minutes then both my kids get the flu..YUCK...Khalil was complaining of his head hurting so instead of going out to buy CHILDREN'S Motrin I gave him INFANTS Motrin all was well until that night he woke me up saying his arm hurt I examined it and seen not a thing I gave him a cool cloth and back to bed about 20 min later he says the other arm hurts I feel for lumps look for redness nothing back to bed...20 min later he wakes me up and says he doesn't want to sleep and I am horrified he had scratched his whole neck RAW...no blood no redness just skin scratched off...He goes and climbs in bed with grandma and sleeps the rest of the night.The next morning he wakes up feeling fine except for the scabbed over scratches on his neck...And a bump that resembles a cold sore on his nose...He is acting normal and wants to go to school...so we send him around 10am the school calls and says he is complaining of his whole face itching...so I go get him and take him to the dr...Dr says he has impetigo on his nose and hives so she gives him hydoxine and some topical cream. I give him the meds he feels fine and go run some errands while he stays at home with grandma...I get home around 6pm and he looks horrid and says the inside of his face itches...his eye lids are swollen along with his lips...ER here we come I am freaked he spent a week in the hospital before they knew what was wrong apparently that Motrin threw him into Steven Johnson's Syndrome he had to be on IV the whole time and get imunoglobulin treatment for 16 hours a day for 4 days...He is ok now needless to say I threw ALL the Ibuprofen away in my house....




2 comments:

JennyRyan said...

oh how scary Amber. Glad he's doing better!

Cheri Pryor said...

Good grief! What a scary mom moment. Glad they figured it out and got him all better.