I dont know what point the universe is trying to make but man does it have my damn attention! All week as pretty much THE person incharge of a 250 room facility...Something out of the norm...way out of the norm happend almost every day...First day I spend the whole day at the VA with one of my patients, I learned alot that day from facts about war our men have faught to how ugly normal rocks become beautiful peices of art. Amazing how the brotherhood of our military is so apparent...I loved it! Then Tuesday rolled around, I got to work at around 6 that morning and seen one of my patients in the hall and thought nothing of it ( that is normal ) turns out after she walked past me she went out the back door and none of my caregivers informed me she didnt show up for meals untill lunch...by that time she had been gone who knows where for 6 hours!!!!! By the grace of God she remembered her daughters cell phone number and we found her about 2 miles away in a Japaneese returaunt....Wednesday brought much surprise when a new patient was acting very high strung and strange like changing clothes 5 times within a minute...you have to understand I work with elderly people most well into there 80's so things like this usualy indicate something such as dehydration or a UTI (bladder infection) We got her calmed down a bit she ate a finally went to sleep. Thursday was a left over from Wednesday mind you my boss is still not in the picture...all me.... The same patient from Wednesday was not waking up when we tried to get her up for breakfast so after having her admitted to ER we serched her room along with her family to see if she had any pills in her room....You will never guess what we found.......A fucking crack pipe...So I got my little evidance bag and sent the shit to the right people.....What the fuck!!!!!! Not much else to say.... Friday...my day off, NOT.....supposed to be my day off but I draged my ass in there to cover an inservice for my boss who still isnt back from la-la land...I have my four year old in toe as soon as I get there I get a page over the intercom to go to a certin patients room I swear she waited till I got there and then she died....She was way ready to go but still hard all the same...Then after dealing with that my Ececutive Dir. tells me I have to cover her part of the inservice as well because she has to go down to the police dept. to file a report on the patient from Wed/Thurs........Oh my freakin goodness.... Sleep is what I need and lost of it....Other then that life is good...my husband turns 30 next weekend...and what else can I say.....
And the wheel goes 'round
Friday, July 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I feel your pain. i worked in a lock-down alzheimers unit for almost 2 years (not that they don't always seem to find a way out!). Hope things start looking up soon.
Post a Comment